Saturday, March 23, 2013

News from the family:


Laurence: Seems ages since we did the last newsletter. The main thing I’ve done since then, is something called a go-camp. It meant going to the bush in South Sudan for ten days, It was quite fun, we made bricks, to build two churches that had fallen down, We preached In loads of churches and did dramas, songs and dances in the market place, among other things. I’ve nearly finished my textbooks before my exams start in May. It will be a gruelling month of exams but I should be able to come back to Arua for a week in the middle because they are so spread out. Also I am planning to do a bikeride to Nebbi with my friend.
Maria: The fast few months have flown by! A lot has been going on with university, various sports clubs, societies and my TA (OTC) training. I have competed in several races with my uni Athletics club and my local running club. I competed in the annual BUCS X country competition and two 10 mile races. I was pleased with my performance in all of them and have got my 10 mile time down to 73:33 :)  Been busy with organising expeditions for the Duke of Edinburgh Society and I'm hoping they will go smoothly. This Easter I am going to Berlin with OTC and am helping to organise a trip to Bavaria with them in the summer. Lots to look forward to!
 Jerome:  Hi, I've just got back from a short trip to Paris which was a lot of fun and very tiring. We visited an agricultural show called Sima and ate out in Paris with friends from college. I've been working at the farm some weekends and I went to Stafford with Wildfire for another awesome weekend helping the church out there! I've had conditional offers from all the uni's I applied to and now I'm determined to get my head down and achieve a 'distinction' on my current course. I hope to go to Newcastle, Cirencester or Reading to do a BSc in Agriculture! College life is really fun and I always seem to be learning which is great. I recentl


y inseminated a sow which was bizarre. Bye!


No comments: