Saturday, August 25, 2012

In the Refiner’s Fire: Ang Tulay…



… is a Philaippino phrase that means “the bridge”. It is an emotional healing program that was originally developed for traumatised children/youth in the Philippines to help them  journey from their pain towards healing. YWAM Uganda leaders were so impressed that they asked  Its founders, a ministry called Precious Jewels to come and teach their YWAM staff about it. So, in the month of April, an Ang Tulay, came to Arua to run this program for staff and students. Because Adam and Helen had to prepare Laurence for his exams I, Katie, went to the week-long session in their place.
   
Each day was a new subject that unwrapped the dark, hidden, and hurting parts of our hearts to bring healing through Jesus Christ. We worked through our problems with various activities, talking in small groups, and prayer.  I realized that I had more grief, sadness, and pain in my life then I was aware of.  It has pushed me to seek deeper healing in my Saviour.  The purpose of my going was to gain more knowledge of how to mentor youth that are deaf because many of them are often rejected the community and their families. There were many lives that were immensely touched that week and will continue to be touched through the program of Ang Tulay.               Katie

No comments: