Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Family News

Laurence:  Less  than  two  month  until exams so I need to revise a lot now.
 I spent a week in Glasgow and Pitlochry,
Scotland, in the half term, and I have
been thinking about what to do in the
summer and about university applications.

 Maria: So far 2014 has been great! In January I went skiing in Les Deux Alpes with OTC and visited a friend au-pairing in Paris. In Feb I started back at university and caught up with friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. Two weeks ago we had the ‘Big Birthday Weekend’ in which we celebrated my 21st, dad’s 50th & grandad’s 80th birthday. Family and friends came from all over to
our hostel in Coalbrookdale where we went on walks, had a quiz, talent show, ceilidh dance and lots of fun together. Many thanks to all who came and contributed to the event, I loved it! Last weekend I had a great time visiting Jerome in Nottingham and the privilege of seeing him get baptised. I’m looking forward to celebrating my actual 21st on the 17th with my parents and grandparents in Hull. J

Jerome: Now then! How you diddling? Well its been a pretty active start to the new year! I went race skiing in early January with the army which was very full on and came back to start exams the next day. I passed my exams although not as well as would of liked although it is 1st year so it doesn't effect my final degree mark! Christian Union has been quite demanding as I'm now helping lead the group. We had missions week recently and held events such as; Grill a Christian, Movie night, Walk and giving out cake! We had a good response to it which was wonderful!
I've decided to get baptised. It happened on 9th March at Sutton Bonington Baptist Church (my local church). Some friends and family came to it and I enjoyed making an outward statement of my belief in Jesus!!!! We celebrated Maria, Dad's and Granddad's landmark birthday in Ironbridge recently too. A youth hostel was rented out and we went on walks and danced the night away! It was all good fun. Thanks :) Jerome

No comments: