Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Family News


Maria: Hola a todo! The past 2 months have been a bit of a whirlwind. I've changed jobs, moved flat and relocated temporarily to another city, La Coruña, Galicia. I'm now teaching on an intensive English course there.

I've enjoyed getting to know the city, meeting new people and working here. This last week i've been on holiday for the 'Semana Grande' festival in Santander with my boyfriend ,Fernando, which has been fantástic! (I also went to my first bullfight!) Spain is the place to be in summer, free food and drink-laden festivals every weekend! Party popperConfetti ball


Jerome: Hey! The last couple of months have involved Fiona’s graduation, the start of a new job with Aldi and a holiday in Scotland. I also did a bike ride with Dad along the South Downs Way last weekend until it became too bumpy and we had to head on roads north of the Downs instead. 

The summer has been great and I’ve really made the most of my weekends. I’ve seen some wonderful answers to prayers in terms of Fiona’s job especially. My placement year is approaching its conclusion next month and I’ve enjoyed my year in Suffolk and the way God has provided for me here. Although, I’ll miss friends I’ve made here I’m excited by the prospect of my final year at University and being based closer to Fiona.


I’m preparing for a Marathon this September in Nottingham to raise money for Papyrus - Prevention of young suicide. Earlier this year I lost a friend who was struggling with life and deep depression. I miss him now and it really upsets me how many young people in our society are taking there own lives. So I’d welcome any sponsors for my fundraising marathon and awareness of a charity which is addressing a real problem of our society today. The link is: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=JeromeFielder 
I hope your summer is going well.


Laurence: I have had a great last month. Firstly learning and earning plenty on a farm in Scotland, doing many different farming a building tasks. Secondly I have just arrived back from a mission trip in Rio De Janeiro. I preached and our team served the local favela (slum) practically, prayerfully and entertainingly. The food was not the most nutritious but the music was superb. I feel I was a blessing to the people I met and they were definitely a blessing to me. I would recommend you to visit the wonderful country.

No comments: