Thursday, October 16, 2014

Family News



Jerome: Quite a  busy summer! a family holiday in Spain - . I think when you live away from your parents the majority of the time its often hard to get used to them again! We did a bit of walking, ate lots of peaches.  Me and Laurence went to a theme park which terrified me!!                                                                                                                                           After that I joined a Wildfire team up in Scotland with my girlfriend, for the start of the Commonwealth Games! I was leading the sports side of the outreach and it was really encouraging to see lots of our younger team-members talking to fellow footballers about God!  A packed and encouraging week .

For all of August I was in Bolivia. It was a tough mountaineering trip where we summited 4 mountains! 3 of which were over 6000m! We were a 10 strong team of Officer Cadets from a mix of universities and courses ! Lots of challenges and definite friction at times, but everyone pulled together on the mountain! A great experience I learnt a lot from. Now I’m home to chill with the family, Fiona before Uni starts and my parents return to Uganda!

Maria: I have now graduated with my 2:1 in Politics and International Relations. Am glad to be finished! I spent a few weeks in Scotland on the YWAM Commonwealth Mission, seeing my boyfriend. I was very proud to actually see my cousin Lizzie win Gold in the Women's Cycling Road Race!  I’ve just returned from Kericho, Kenya (nicknamed 'God's bathroom' for its tea growing weather) on a 6 week programme providing business consultancy to local entrepreneurs with the aim of providing business skills and the option to pitch for a loan at the end. I've really enjoyed the programme and  the opportunity of seeing Kenya, meeting local people and seeing the wildlife. Since my return I’ve been continuing with graduate job applications, travel and work plans to help decide what employment area I want to go into. So if you have have a suitable opportunity with your business/organ-isation please do let me know! I am open to a wide range of industries and roles.


Laurence: Hi! I am staying with two friends of our family on a monthly alternate basis. I’m  now taking the bus into college. I’m playing for a local football team called Higham. We enjoyed our first win 3-1 at home last Sunday, with a full team at last. I’m studying hard, taken up English and changed to  Ancient history, from history, B tech Business from Economics. 

I enjoyed a weekend with Jerome recently, inc. paintballing and am going out more with friends from college. I enjoyed my grandparents 59th wedding anniversary marked by a 16mile bike ride. I hope to visit friends / my parents in Uganda in 2015.

No comments: