Thursday, October 16, 2014

Family News


Jerome: Hello! Just finished my first year of Uni which is a nice feeling. I passed although I know I need to work harder next year! Yesterday, I did my 1st half marathon with my sis and my Dad. It was quite tough but good fun although my legs are now feeling the repercussions of 13 miles.
   We managed to get a really good deal Centre-Park with my flat mates and girlfriend Fiona. It was a really fun and nice way to finish the year off. This summer ahead I’ve a missions outreach in Glasgow during the Commonwealth Games, a week’s family holiday in Spain and a mountaineering trip with the Army to Bolivia. Should be good! :)




Laurence: I had a good time in Italy. Going to Spain and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow afterwards should be good too.



Maria: In the past two months I've had my final deadlines, exams and end of year ball. My graduation on 16th JulyJ In May I went to visit a friend in Oviedo, Spain and had a great time seeing what a student year abroad is like. Sam and Rose Dunn's wedding was also a fantastic. I’ve  spent the 2nd half of June on the Hull Vineyard 'Summer School' in which I've had bible teaching combined with community outreach in numerous areas in Hull with other students from all over the UK. Most recently I completed the Humber Bridge Marathon alongside Dad and Jerome; I was the fastest out of the three on a very wet and windy day! I also managed to win the fastest female team with two members from my running club so that was a pleasant surprise :)

No comments: