Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In the Refiner’s Fire– Water for Life


 
Adam: Water for Life was a YWAM team from Hawaii that came to train staff and local plumbers and community development workers in simple, cheaper and more effective ways to harness store and clean rain-water.  They helped Deaf Connections repair a bore hole used by a deaf and hearing community. We have also written a proposal to help that community transform the time they queue for water to more productive purposes, e.g. increased parent-child bonding/farming
We toured the local water treatment works to see the untreated river water, (right), that they make drinkable and distribute.  I saw strong similarities between the processes and partnership needed to achieve this and the processes (way, truth and lifestyle) I believe Jesus asks me to enact in my life  to experience his ‘living water’ that will make me a purer channel of his peace. cleansing and strengthen my ‘love’ for God & others. 

No comments: