Saturday, December 17, 2011

Newz from Our Uth: Putting down roots!


Maria: Having moved to and settled into university life things are starting to calm down marginally but are still pretty crazy!


I managed to nab myself a job in a local pub; its the first time I've done any kind of bar work and so was a bit daunting at first but I now seem to have got the hang of it and know the regulars!



At uni I've joined the Rowing and Athletics clubs and have had a load of fun with them; a lot of fancy dress has been involved!

So far, SOOOOO GOOD! :D 
 
 
 
Jerome: Hi! Hi everyone! This month has been pretty awesome. I raised about £150 through a sponsored bike ride for Bedworth youth group. It was 125 miles long and it took 10 and half hours.


I've been going to the gym regularly and doing my college work. I got a destinction in my first assignment so I'm very pleased with that. I have booked my first driving lesson this Saturday and really looking forward to it.

I'm working on a goat farm about 20 miles away from college with about 2500 goats in milk. Its a really interesting and unique farm and I'm sure I will learn a lot from it.


Laurence: Hello. I am very glad to be out of the international school. It was the social aspect which was the worst; I just didn’t really get on with anyone, and it was an extremely boring lifestyle. When my mum arrived we went sailing on Lake Victoria at Entebbe. It was quite good fun.


In Arua I’ve begun to make a small wind turbine prototype using a 10 litre jerry can and bicycle bearings. Once we find the most efficient method, we’ll move onto a 20 litre can.




I went to Jinja with my Dad and William, our gardener, for an agriculture/bible course. I only went to some of the sessions, because the rest of the time I had to do home-schooling. Some of it was interesting

As for Arsenal, if I’m honest, I was starting to doubt the future - but now even our subs are great. Thomas Vermaelen is one of the best centre backs in the world, and his return has already had a positive impact. Man. City look very strong, but I think their lead will not last. Some Arsenal fans here have converted to Man. City, but they’re not taken seriously.

No comments: