Saturday, December 17, 2011

Helen in the Refinery

‘Be patient, patient patient.


Observe, pray and still be patient’.

This is what the quiet voice inside me is saying.

Reconnecting with old friends, the kids ministries and Eruba deaf unit has been so positive. However since returning to Arua I have been challenged by many things including; mosquitoes; heavy rains; some deaf community issues which I am presently unpacking; and finally there’s the challenge of good parenting.

But yesterday when I and a small team visited the TB ward at a Arua hospital and took time to listen to the patients my priorities became clear. As we prayed and I saw the patients silently suffering my eyes filled with tears and I felt the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit in that place. It’s all about connections with our gracious Father. Six patients died last week in that TB ward.



The Refiner’s Fire is honing me in the areas of prayer and patience, and I am so grateful.

Helen. Ps 27:14

No comments: