Friday, October 14, 2011

News from the kidz Oct 2011

Maria:
This Summer has been absolutely fantastic! :) I've been busy travelling, going on holiday with friends and visiting people.


In August I received my A level results and was pleased to have achieved the necessary grades for my Politics and International Relations course at Hull university which I will start on 26th September. All the various things I need have been purchased or kindly donated and so the only thing I am lacking is patience!

I can't wait to start this new season of my life but I want to express my gratitude to the numerous people who have supported me over this past year especially while my parents have been away; you have my heartfelt thanks and appreciation - it would n‘t have been possible without you!

 
Jerome:
Hi! Loads of things have happened recently. I've started college in York, left Mum and Dad and am now attending the Rock church in York which is really good. I have been invited to help with the youth group which I'm happy about.
In the summer our friends, the ‘Strads’, kindly found me some more dairy farm experience. Long days, but I learnt loads and they blessed me with some work clothing at the end.

The 1st week of College has mainly been quite light work & getting to know people. The lads on the course are great. I've already made a good friend. I had my first tractor driving lesson yesterday I think that’s about all.

Laurence: (summarised by Dad, because of internet connection difficulties)
Just before we left Arua, our older YWAM friends, Jared and Remonda helped Loz, Jerome and some other base members, William Omal Mario Keliopa Ramadan and John Bosco Tuli, to make a short fiction film called “ The Woods Brighten”. It’s about two young men who are learning how to over come their fears and the issues they have. In the end they are to find their true identity. It’s on his Facebook page if you’d like to watch it. See icon below.

In the summer Loz and I visited my cousin Steph. in France, to practice our French. Thanks Liz (Blaxhall) for the keyboard you taught Loz and for putting us in touch with the Todds family in Kampala, so we can stay with them when I visit Loz me.

At boarding school Loz is doing ok - after struggling at first. Next week he has a business/geog. trip to Kenya

No comments: