Friday, October 14, 2011

Adam In the Refinery:

“Get closer to the people!..”

….Was one key theme I felt my Maker, My Provider, My Refuge impress upon me on my return. And as if to emphasise the this instruction, my motorbike was put out of action for a fortnight, awaiting a spare part, so I had to cycle my black African bike, like our watchman’s left, everywhere. Travelling more slowly and quietly has been good all round. I can’t pack so much in! In fact I decided just to use the motorbike mainly for longer trips.

To deepen my understanding of local cultural values I am co-reading a book with two of our local staff, William and Kevin. Its entitled “African Friends and Money matters“ by David Maranz. So helpful & fascinating to read AS YOU PREPARE TO VISIT US!!



And,“Then, at the place where they were told, ‘You are not my people,’

there they will be called

‘children of the living God.’” Romans 9:26 Ad.

No comments: