Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Maria, Jerome and Laurence: August 2010

News from Maria
This month I really feel that I have settled well back into my lifein England. I have returned to several of the clubs/ groups that I was involved in prior to Uganda, like my Running club, Church and local youth group. I’ve also got a part time job in a local Indian Restaurant 3/4 weeks ago. Am quite enjoying it and now feel like I know what I'm doing! Sixth form is going fine. We are all preparing for next year and looking forward to the holidays! I am especially looking forward to seeing family, attending the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Soul Survivor and doing a Notting Hill Carnival Mission! Its definitely going to be a fun-filled summer!Bring it on! Maria x

Jerome’s Jottings.
This month I really enjoyed learning more about farming thanks to our Scottish friends, Ian and Joyce who have a dairy farm. Cycling and snowboarding with Maria and my friends, Joel and Harry was great too. Next week, Mitch. and I are staying at an Orphanage called Bushfire, near Jinja.

Laurence’s News
Hi, I’ve staying in London with my uncle, auntie, and cousins. Then off to grandparents where I celebrated my birthday. With my Dunn cousins we have been to the Edinburgh Festival. Next I’m off to Soul Survivor, then to the Harries, and the Bruces before flying back out to Arua on Sept. 3rd. I do not like Arsenal’s new kit!

No comments: