Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maria's news March 2010


This month has been a lot of fun.

During this time my grandparents came to stay with us and which certainly made life a bit different! The local people think they are absolutely hilarious what with there northern, Yorkshire accents, strange phrases and quirky ways like grandad’s singing and dancing! I think it just confirms their beliefs that we British are crazy people! Oh well :P

Last weekend we took Grandma and Grandad to Murchison Falls Safari park. It was a short but enjoyable visit, (during which I got burnt and locked like a lobster-typical) and I think they really enjoyed the boat ride. Personally I think the best parts were sitting on the roof of the truck during the safari and coming up really close to a bull elephant (-although it was a bit nervy) and trying to get out of the park after heavy rain turned the tracks into mud slides!

I ‘ve always wanted to go off-roading and I think that I have now truly experienced it after we went into ditches, through massive potholes and slid everywhere…awesome

Shrove Tuesday there was a ladies night at a friends’ where we ate lots of nice food, icecream, pancakes, cake, cookies etc YUM. I tried to play a card game while we were there; previously thinking I was reasonably good, but it has become clear I am rather inferior to the other missionaries here!

I have enjoyed taking them both to the prison where I help lead a children’s bible story group and the children loved seeing them.Temia, the deaf girl who was sharing with me has now left to go to a Vocational Training School nearby to do a building course which is great for her.

No comments: