Saturday, March 13, 2010

Laurence's news March 2010


This month my Grandad and Grandma came for 3 weeks which was nice, especially the gorgeous Spanish steakhouse meal on their arrival.

Grandma helped me develop my public speaking skills. In our fortnightly youth group we had to create a 30sec TV advert for a new brand called ‘UNITY’(see right). It was good fun.

I’ve just heard about the mudslide near Mount Elgon in E Uganda. Rains can be very destuctive here!

This month I bought a pair of pigeons from my friends friend. They cost the equivalent of £1 each. My male is called Bubba and my female isn't named.

Keeping pigeons is popular here especially in villages, sometimes as pets but mostly to eat. I plan to breed mine and if the population exceeds ten I will begin to eat them.

My male is the biggest in our area, and when ever other pigeons fly to our compound he challenges them and they fly away. By March the seventh there should be at least 2 eggs in there house because they have been bringing grass and sticks to make a nest which means there going to lay. They live in metal hoses hanging under an over hanging roof, this is a good location because it supplies wind and rain shield.

Baby pigeons look really weird, they have yellow hair a very long beak and purple bulging out eyes I’m looking forward to having some of my own!

No comments: