Tuesday, February 7, 2012

News from the family:

Jerome(dictated to dad): 
Hi everyone. I’m really glad I’ve finally passed my driving test because it opens up more paid and varied farming work opportunities for me. I’m really looking forward to warmer weather because working for long spells in cold temperatures has gone on for too long now! I’ve lambed quite a few sheep on my own now. It’s quite messy and often a tight squeeze the ewe often needs help with to deliver the new-born lamb. I’m glad to assist.


Laurence: 
Hello. Firstly, the rabbits are breeding better now, with two out of three successful litters this month. This is because we have let them burrow naturally in their two new enclosures. Dad’s friend Hamid gave us a pair of special breed rabbits this week.

We have a made a deaf-hearing football team with kids from the base and Eruba primary, and have registered for some tournaments. We are not very good but we are trying to learn to stay in our positions.
Maria & Jerome come this w/e which should be good.


Maria: 
Seems incredible how fast the term is passing by! My exams went fine. I've already been given new essays to write! One of my modules this semester has been about Comparative Politics (looking at different forms of government etc around the world). I've found that more interesting then previous ones. I've recently started a new job which involves market research and its definitely been pushing me out of my comfort zone!

Next weekend will be my birthday and so the various parties along with a visit from my boyfriend should make it a fantastic week :) Looking forward to my Boat Club rowing camp and my Uganda visit in Easter. it'll be nice to get away, even if it is to see the rest of the family :P x

No comments: