Wednesday, February 1, 2012

News from the family:


Maria:  A lot has been going on this semester at Uni. As part of the Boat Club (rowing) I competed in the Northern Universities Indoor Championships and was pleased to come 2/22 in the Lightweight category and 13/69 in Heavyweight. 
   I've continued training with the Athletics club and am preparing for the BUCS Cross Country race in February. My work at a local pub is going well and it's safe to say I can pull a decent pint! 
   Over Christmas I'm travelling a lot and so hope to see many of you, apologies to those I can't! In January I'm Skiing in Avoriaz with Uni. so am most definitely looking forward to that! (well bar the 23 hr coach trip! :P) Wishing you all Merry christmas and happy new year!!!   

Jerome: Happy Christmas! I've just finished my first term at college and I'm really enjoying it. I've made plenty of friends and established a few farming contacts!
    I'm traveling around this Christmas and its nice to have a break.
    I will be lambing just after new year so that should be exciting.  




Laurence:  Hi. I've been playing football every evening on the base with some kids, its usually good fun.
    We have been thinking more about the wind turbine, which we are going to use a bike wheel for. Unfortunately yesterday my friends left for America basically until I go back to England which is annoying. Some of the kids on the base are also moving to Kitgum, 8hrs travel away, because their parents are helping to start a new base from Labone, S. Sudan. Dad went there last year.
  It’s only the mid week 10.45 EAT arsenal matches I can’t watch (unless it’s a very big game)and we are doing well. The arsenal- wolves game is about to start. I hope Van persie beats Alan Shearers goal scoring record and Thierry Henry is signed.
    Walter a family friend is coming to visit really soon which will be good, as is it is nice to have visitors. We’ve just had a litter of 8 rabbits. The one shown became sick and we tried to save it but it later died..

No comments: