Tuesday, May 27, 2014

“..if..”

.. Is a word in the bible I’ve often overlooked. But Boram (left), our fellow student , kept wearing an ‘if’ t-shirt that tuned me in to seeing ’if’  in scripture. The word  ‘if’ now reminds me of God’s profound gift of free-will. 

For much of my youth I would prefer to be told what to do rather make  to my own decisions.  I feared making the wrong choice. I was torn between my strong desire to please YHWH (the Lord) and doubting if His spirit’s nudges were better than my fickle desires.
   

The book of Job has  shown me afresh that YHWH longs for us to recognise and imitate His unconditional love. In the book of Job YHWH blesses and gives free-will to all, including his accusers. Yet YHWH satisfies His merciful & just nature at his own expense. I can demand justice of others but  if others/my Maker  demand the same justice of me, e.g. time management…
   

Job has shown me that the Lord  entrusts us  IF we actively trust Him ,his  commands, promises as Job did, regardless of his circumstances. This led to Job’s and YHWH’s ultimate vindication before their accusers. Four simultaneous trials in one book. A literary masterpiece. Adam

No comments: